i’m going to dance with words
lost in the skates of Browning
a riff in the arena snow against the boards –
quietly whisper as the crowd roars
wish Summer would end before Labour Day
before Rio ’16…drive this Frankford Road into the bend
return from Marmora St. and this Trenton birthplace demolition –
take that bend at your 50km start and picture a White Pine Casson.
know 200 km away – the Ex will keep Fall at bay
while i flip car tape over to side ‘B’ – listen to an orchestra
think of reinterpretation in nature – Ribeiro, Browning
Rolling Stone – endless Canada….
* Kurt Browning (Canadian figure skater) – also known as ‘The kid from Caroline’ because of his hometown in Caroline Alberta. 4-Time World Champion, 4-Time Canadian Champion, 3-Time Olympic Team Member, 3-Time World Professional Champion, First man to land a quadruple jump in competition….skated to a piece by The Tragically Hip entitled, ‘Antares’, written especially for him, and produced in a 9 hour jam session in New Orleans. The piece was to have lyrics but never did.
* Labour Day/ Ex – Canadian holiday. The Canadian National Exhibition, also known as The Ex, an annual event that takes place at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario, during the 18 days leading up to and including Canadian Labour Day Monday.
* Rio ’16 – 2016 Summer Olympics
* Frankford Road – a stretch of road which runs along the Trent Severn into Trenton Ontario
* Marmora St. – a street in Trenton Ontario next to the birth place of Canadian poet Al Purdy on Main Street in Trenton.
* White Pine Casson – ‘White Pine’ is a painting by Group of Seven member, A J Casson.
* Orchestra/ Ribeiro – Walt Ribeiro is an American composer of classical music.He created a piece using ‘Blow at High Dough’ by Canadian Rock band The Tragically Hip
*Rolling Stone – Rolling Stones are a famous British rock group – said to be a major influence over members of the Tragically Hip